There’s also a different flag “Global Web Distribution Enabled”, which is recommended to be enabled as well on Exchange 2016.When setting this second flag to True, it also sets the first one above to True as well.
” Well, the truth of the matter is that our new joiner Joe is in fact , an update to the Address Book won’t become available to the user until about 48 hours after the change.
This situation however is extremely rare since the default maintenance time on Exchange is at AM and updates and downloads are usually performed during working hours.
I spent 3 hours trying to find out why this was happening (I assumed it was configuration and/or IIS authentication related).
All my virtual directories and URLs were fine, and the OAB was being generated fine without any issues. I couldn’t find any references of this occurring to other users.
I finally discovered that the “Web Distribution Enabled” configuration flag was marked to False, when it needs to be marked as True.
This flag when set to true, allows it to be distributed (Note/Fun Fact: There’s a separate and different flag for older Exchange versions where the OAB is inside of the Public Folder Store).
*** NOTE: The GAL is essentially a real-time / online representation of AD Objects that are Mail Enabled for Microsoft Exchange *** The GAL contains information for all email enabled users, Distribution Groups, and Shared Mailboxes and Exchange Resource Mailboxes.
GAL Objects are directly viewable in the Exchange Management Console/Shell and OWA and Microsoft Outlook BUT ONLY IN ONLINE MODE – The GAL will only present objects that have AD Attributes beginning with ms EXCH* (and some others) populated that it uses to filter on.
OAB files manually From here: C:\Users\%username%\App Data\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Offline Address Books\*\*.* 3) Delete and Recreate their Outlook Profile Start Outlook again and follow Prompts A: There are five ways.
Murray has been working in IT for over 15 years specializing in the Messaging Arena and in particular IBM Domino and Microsoft Exchange and now of course Office 365.
I've tried recreating the global address book file in app data but this is affecting multiple staff.